I have tried to make a few gluten free cake recipes and failed but this Dove’s Farm recipe turned out beautifully.
|150 g||Caster Sugar|
|2||drops Vanilla Extract|
|1 tsp||Baking Powder|
|150 g||Gluten Free Plain White Flour|
|1 tsp||Icing Sugar|
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla together until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Beat in the baking powder, flour and milk.
- Divide the mixture between 2 oiled and lined 20cm/8″ round baking tins.
- Bake in a pre heated oven for 15/20 minutes.
- Turn the cakes out on to a wire rack to cool.
- Spread jam on top of one sponge and place the other on top.
- Dust the top with sieved icing sugar.
Temperature & cooking time: