1. The calf raise can be done using the calf machine in the gym or by using a dumbbell. You must remember to hold the dumbbell on the same side you are doing the raise.
2. If you are using a dumbbell you will need to steady yourself while you do the raise. Make sure you are supporting yourself with your other hand.
3. Find a raised platform like a step.
4. Place the right foot on the step.
5. In the right hand hold the desired weight.
6. Curl the left foot around the back of the right heel.
7. Support yourself with your left hand, holding onto something about shoulder height.
8. Lift onto the ball of the right foot. You will feel the pull in the right calf muscle.
9. Repeat the move slowly lowering and raising the right foot.
10. Make sure you repeat the same exercise for the other calf.
Warning:- The information contained on this website is for educational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose, cure or treat any medical condition. Should you have any medical condition, always consult your doctor, before undertaking any change in exercise or dietary advice.
Exercise can be hazardous. If you use any of the ideas, techniques or suggestions discussed in these documents, all are undertaken at the reader’s sole discretion and risk.